The Bombers Bits Happy Tongue 2.5 Ring Eggbutt is contructed of an Eggbutt cheekpiece, which prevents pinching of the lips and gives a slightly more solid feel against the side of the face. It also prevents the bit being pulled through the mouth. The release is slower and also introduces some poll pressure.
- A Ring cheekpiece introduces poll pressure as well creating leverage on the mouthpiece, the 2½ Ring version is the softest version of ring bit as the ½ ring softens the leverage on the mouthpiece and poll.
- The Happy Tongue is a solid mouth piece. It is curved and ported to give tongue relief.
- Hence, the Happy Tongue would be a good place to start if your horse is: Shaking its head, Sticking its tongue out, Sucking its tongue back and as a result making an intermittent coughing noise, Trying to put its tongue over the bit, Going behind the bit to avoid the contact or Snatching the reins forward and down. The rider will know immediately if this is the correct bit, as a horse with a sensitive tongue will finally begin to work into, and accept the contact. Changing the cheekpieces would then allow the rider to adjust the level of control.
- Bombers bits are made from blue sweet iron, because it: oxidises easily, encourages salivation, helps bit acceptance, is warm and sweet.
- Please note the blue will fade with use.
|Size||4.9" / 125mm|